Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone had a good Christmas.  Now that the dust has settled, I am able to get some of the pictures on the computer.  Here are a couple pictures for your viewing pleasure.  (Critiques and comments are always welcome)

Someone wanted to see what I was doing.

Reading a book at her new desk

Just lounging around

Moving right along. The person walking behind Hannah was completely unintentional.  I thought the contrast of the walking and crawling made for a nice picture. 

Here is Hannah talking to her new doll as her aunt and uncle watch on.

I'm not fond of the shadow from the flash in this picture, but the doorway made for a nice framing device.

On a somewhat related note, Photo Santa was nice to me this year.  I had a new Sigma 15-50 f/2.8 lens waiting for me under my tree.  Also, in the process of getting Christmas stuff together this year, I sat on my department store tripod and broke it. So, a trip this week landed me with a new tripod and head.  I would have liked to have used the tripod I had for a while longer and saved up for a carbon fiber tripod, but I was still able to get a nice aluminum one.

1 comment:

  1. These are great shots! We have to use small sizes on our blogs so it makes it hard to see all the details. My favorite is #1. It could be b&w, color, cropped a bit to the left- so much to do which means it's a great shot! Congrats- the background looks very nice too.

    ReplyDelete